* Thank you for allowing Otto’s Smash Repairs (OSR herein) to inspect or repair your vehicle. Please take the time to read the following.
* Sighted estimates are based on visual damage and may vary upon dismantling. Online estimates are subject to change on visual inspection.
* No parts of the OSR estimate must be reproduced, copied or forwarded without prior consent from OSR.
* OSR operating hours are Monday to Friday between the hours of 8am and 4.30pm. It would be appreciated if your vehicle be dropped off or collected between those times.
* Payments can be made using Visa or Mastercard, cash on the day of collection or EFT prior to collecting your vehicle using our Invoice as the payment reference. All accounts must be settled prior to the release of any vehicle.
* An estimated time for repairs to be carried out will be given, however this may change due to unforeseen circumstances, such as extra damage being found, availability of parts or a hold up with a Sublet item. Should this occur you will be notified immediately.
* The excess amount is the first part of the payment process, which the Insurer deducts from our final account. It is the agreed amount as per your contract with the Insurer. The Excess portion must be paid in full prior to the release of the vehicle.
* A current, valid WA driver’s license must be presented for the collection of a replacement vehicle with a copy to be taken by OSR and the necessary paperwork filled in prior to departure.
* Replacement vehicle costs must be settled in full prior to the collection of your repaired vehicle.
* We endeavor to get vehicles back to a pre accident condition using the Manufacturer’s Specification Repair methods where possible. We quote according the Manufacturer’s Specification. Should our original estimate be altered in any way in an effort to save costs or the repair method changed by other parties, warranty may be void.
* Certain insurers are making it difficult, and not authorizing extra costs associated with the repairs carried out. Should your insurer be one of these, your repaired vehicle will not be returned until ALL extras are authorized as per the intended way by the insurer, or paid by the insured on collection. This clause will replace the following clause if your Insurer is one of these.” *Supplements or revised quotes must be actioned within 48 hours of receipt or shall be deemed as accepted and final invoice forwarded.” It is at the discretion of OSR on the release of the repaired vehicle, as the insurer will not pay our account until all paperwork is in order. If any extras are found during repairs you will be notified, so you can contact the Insurer and advise them of this notification.
* Supplements or revised quotes must be actioned within 48 hours of receipt or shall be deemed as accepted and final invoice forwarded.
* In cases where a vehicle has been repaired in the same area previously by some other than OSR warranty may be void.
* With bumper repairs or replacement, the colour may vary slightly to adjoining panels. Every effort will be made in getting the final colour as close as possible. However, the only way of achieving 100% colour satisfaction is to paint the adjoining panels. Some instances require this to be carried out. In some cases ,painted bumpers, molds, mirrors and spoilers differ from the remainder of the vehicle even when purchased new.
*If possible, please have the outside of your vehicle washed prior to leaving the vehicle with us. This will help in matching the colour and keep your vehicle clean throughout the repair process.
* All private work requires a 50% deposit before repairs commence. If parts are required the deposit MUST be paid on acceptance of quote.
* All valuables and personal items are to be removed from vehicle prior to leaving the vehicle for repairs. No responsibility will be taken by OSR for any missing items.
* Please make contact with our office prior to collecting your repaired vehicle for the final monies owing. Every effort will be made by our staff to inform you prior to collection. Our contact details are listed herein.
* Front and Rear glass work is subject on removing and may require replacement.
* No guarantees can be given on rust repairs
* A standard 3 year Paint work warranty applies to all repairs.
* Your vehicle may require to be test driven. Instances are, but not limited to, vehicles that require mechanical or suspension repairs, chassis alignment and towed in vehicles.
* On completion of repairs it is expected that all vehicles are collected in a timely manner. Vehicles not collected due to monies owed will be subject to a daily storage charge.
*OSR will make every attempt to minimize and safe keep your vehicle whilst in our care, however should an unexpected occurrence take place, your first point of contact must be your Insurer should a claim be made for the vehicle. If your vehicle is not insured we will act with our Insurer to resolve the matter if deemed our fault.
* A Final Tax invoice, meeting all ATO requirements will be issued for repairs at completion.
* Parts quoted are current at time of estimating, however availability of those parts at time of authorization may change.
* Due to privacy matters and concerns , invoices associated with the repairs will not be released by OSR to any party requesting them. However , a cut copy of supplement (additional) invoices will be released if requested.
* In the event your vehicle is quoted by OSR on request or stored on site and the vehicle is not repaired by OSR a fee will apply prior to the release of the vehicle. Eg vehicle deemed a Total loss or Insurer /Third party wishes to have vehicle repaired elsewhere.
* Should OSR prepare an estimate , arrange an assessment, and negotiate a price with a Insurer on your behalf and the repairs are not carried out by OSR for any reason, 20% of the agreed total will be charged and payable to OSR. This fee will not apply if OSR carries out repairs to the vehicle.
* OSR will engage in marketing exercises in an effort to keep our customers informed of insurance practices and any changes that take place. Should you not wish to be a part of this please advise us.
* If you have any ideas on how we could improve, or experience difficulties, please forward them on to management to be dealt with.
* Once again, thank you for allowing us to repair or inspect your vehicle.